Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How are you today? I'm well, thank you.

Instead of saying we are "good", we have gravitated to saying "well"... but what does it mean to be well? A basic health assessment can give you a better understanding of how you are doing physically, but there are other things that affect your physical fitness. Below is a well-being assessment from the Wellcoaches website.

Please add comments after the assessment about how you did on the questionnaire. You can also respond to it anonymously if you so choose. :)

Welcome to the Wellcoaches quickie well-being assessment. Well-being is a state of optimal physical and mental health. The 15 engaging questions below are focused on science-based areas which together form the foundation of our well-being. Your best guess at your scores will give you a snapshot of your level of well-being.

After you answer the 15 quick questions, we’ll show you a page which summarizes the scores you gave yourself from the highest to lowest. Please print this page as your record or we can email it to you if you provide your email address.

Note that we are not asking you for your name, contact information, or any demographic information. We want you to think about your well-being and what drives it, celebrate what’s going well, and perhaps tackle areas where there is potential for improvement and a healthier happier you!

TODAY’S Well-Being ASSESSMENT

Answer 14 well-being questions for today by rating yourself:

A: I did a stellar job today. (100%)
B: I did a good job. (80%)
C: I got this done. (70%)
D: I did some of this. (50%)
E: I did little or none of this. (40%))


1. I connected with my sense of purpose.

2.I put high octane fuel (healthful foods) in my tank.

3. I exercised with vigor for a total of at least 20 minutes.

4. I coped well with stressful situations.

5. I kept my energy high all day.

6.I had a positive and optimistic outlook.

7. I ate enough to fuel my energy and I did not overeat.

8. I expressed gratitude to someone or did a good deed.

9. I was in control of my spending.

10. I was observant for any obsessions or addictions, and if any, I managed them well.

11. I took actions to prevent or treat health issues, if relevant.

12. I did something to recharge my batteries or have fun.

13. I worked diligently to connect with people today.

If you scored 70-100% and want to maintain or improve your "wellness" or scored 70% or below and want to know more about what well-being is and how to achieve it, please read this blog by Wellcoach, Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment